Summer "Play" List
Summer is officially here! I am both excited and intimidated by that reality. No more pre-school, bible study, schedules...WHAT!?!?! I am a girl that loves routine and schedules, so these changes can really throw a kink in my day!
Queue the summer play list. It may not be the same as the nice predictability of the school year, but I am pretty pumped about our fun filled summer plans here in Big D. Here is where we will be up to this summer:
We are kicking things off with "Ocean Week." It will be filled with fun crafts, learning, and activities. I downloaded an activity packet from The Peaceful Mom called Summer Sanity. It has all sorts of themes, crafts, and snack ideas for all ages. Worth the $5! Our week will include an introduction to the letter "O", making an ocean in a bottle, a library visit for ocean themed reading, fishing with paper, magnets, and stick, watching Finding Nemo, making our own colored bubbles and hopefully a trip to the splash park!
Okay, so that is one week down...now what??? No worries, I have plenty of other tricks up my sleeve. Here is where else you can find us this summer:
- Barnes and Noble Story Time - Times vary by store, so check your on your locale.
- Studio Movie Grill Summer Children's Series - Movies start daily at 11:00 am. $1 kid, $3 adult!
- Museum of Nature and Science - I may try to work this in during Ocean week...or maybe I will save it for spy week.
- Hawaiian Falls - This would be a family affair for sure! I have never been...anyone have tips or coupons?
- Bookmarks Library at Northpark - They have Baby Bounce on Mondays or Toddler Tickles on Thursday as well as various crafts throughout the week.
- VBS at Prestonwood Dallas
- Summer Play Days at First Baptist Richardson
-And most importantly LOTS of family fun! You can see we have gotten a head start on splashing, sanding, and popsicleing. All very important to a great summer!
Whew...just typing it out makes me tired! I think it will be a fun packed summer. We still have a lake trip planned and maybe a drive to Indy to see my sister. I am going to do my best to keep some structure around here through all of the fun. We start every morning exactly the same and I try not to plan any activities until late morning/lunch time. Even in the summer fun, bed time is not negotiable either. Am I the only one this crazy? Please tell me I am not!
Here is to a great summer! What do you have planned?