Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Friday, May 31, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
|Lost little man and ballet class....this is where I found him! My sister asked, "What did you do!" I replied, "Took a picture of course!" I was giggling too much to get that mad. Hopefully it was an isolated incident :).|
|Then my adorable little puppy brought me this! She was shaking it in her head and just came bounding into the house with it. I was not sure what my threshold for yucky was as a Mom...but this was it! So creeped out!|
|It rained all day on Mia's birthday but she was determined to play with her new trampoline. This was her solution. Sun hat, bathing suit, and rain boots! Silly girl! Her brother eventually joined her and they had so much fun jumping in the rain!|
Not pictured, but worth noting. Our silly puppy went sticking her nose where it does not belong (in a fire ant mound) yesterday morning. She was running around going crazy and whining. We we finally got to pick her up, we noticed her face was swelling up SO big! Quick trip to the vet for benadryl and steroids and she is much better now! Seems like we might have another allergy situation on our hands! of course our puppy would have allergies!
Whew! What a week! It was fun, crazy, and had no shortage of laughs!
Here's to a great (and hopefully uneventful) weekend!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
My precious baby girl is 4! I have been emotional about this birthday for her not because I am sad to see my baby grow up, but more in awe of the amazing little person she is becoming. 3 had its challenges! More school, less naps, more freedom, less coddling, more responsibility, and less assistance. I am sure that will be a lifetime journey, but the transition from baby into little girl was not easy for either one of us.
She is through that now and grown so much in maturity. She loves her brother and helping me meet his needs and almost always has a willing, helpful heart!
Here are some things about Mia at 4 years old:
- she loves all things fruit and would live on that alone if we would let her
- she never turns down an opportunity to create or craft
- her heart is happiest when around other people (can we say extrovert yet???)
- She is totally into stuffed animals and NOT into baby dolls
- she empties the dishes, puts drinks away, and takes out the recycling for her chores
- she loves ballet class and wants to keep moving forward with dance
- she mainly drinks milk, but never turns down pink lemonade!
- she is much more comfortable in a spinny dress or skirt than pants or shorts
- she thinks strappy sandals are totally playground appropriate
- she says "totally" for emphasis (hmmm...wonder where she got that :) )
- her puppy is her new best friend
- she can memorize a memory verse in no time at all and enjoys it!
- she likes to ride her bike and drive her jeep
- when she gets TV time, she likes to watch Doc McStuffins
- her favorite books are Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy. She has recently gotten into Gigi too.
- She loves edamame and broccoli, no hot dogs. Go figure!
- she likes her window down when riding in the car and kids praise music turned up!
- she loves make believe and fairytales and is SO disappointed that I married Daddy so she can't!
- She is dramatic! She says phrases like "it is just SO beautiful!" or "I can't believe it!" My personal favorite though is "It's ALL my fault!"
- she naps about every other day and will probably drop them completely this summer :(
- her heart is truly full of joy! She loves to get excited about the little things and I LOVE that about her.
She is not perfect, but she is perfect for me!
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
The tea party was a success! We had so much fun celebrating princess Mia and all of her dear friends! Here is party recap!
|Princess archway rented from Simply Pretend and princess castle tent.|
|"4" wreath made from foam we cut out and tissue paper squares hot glued on.|
The Tea Party Room!
|Chair covers purchased the Christmas Tree Shops. Table and chairs rented from Simply Pretend|
|Tea cups! Everyone got to take their's home.|
|Princess coffee mugs made for the perfect centerpiece vase.|
|Tea Station. We had Hot English Tea and punch from the Perfect Punch Company. Delish!|
|The cake! Vanilla bean with buttercream icing. Ordered from Lisa, a lady I use for all parties. Let me know if you want her number. The cupcake crowns in the back are made from gum!|
|Chocolate whoopie pies!|
The dress up Room!
|The entrance was framed by pom-pom garland and pink curtains.|
|The ceiling was decorated with paper lanterns.|
|Hair and makeup station. The girls got to use blush and tinted chapstick. The pearls and hair bands were from simply pretend.|
|The dresses! All so lovely! Some were from Mia's collection, but most were from simply pretend.|
|Me and my princess!|
|Shopping for just the right dress|
|The lovely Chloe!|
|Mia and Ellie|
|Mia and Baby Ava!|
|Twirling during the fashion show!|
|ZaZa's dress! Thanks Aunt Heather!|
|We read Gigi's Princess Tea Party. I cried like a baby at the end. These lovely girls are all God's princesses and it is such a blessing to me to watch them grow into that big title!|
|The knight going after the princess! Of course Tripp had sword!|
|Happy Birthday time!|
|Piper and Mia|