My precious baby girl is 4! I have been emotional about this birthday for her not because I am sad to see my baby grow up, but more in awe of the amazing little person she is becoming. 3 had its challenges! More school, less naps, more freedom, less coddling, more responsibility, and less assistance. I am sure that will be a lifetime journey, but the transition from baby into little girl was not easy for either one of us.
She is through that now and grown so much in maturity. She loves her brother and helping me meet his needs and almost always has a willing, helpful heart!
Here are some things about Mia at 4 years old:
- she loves all things fruit and would live on that alone if we would let her
- she never turns down an opportunity to create or craft
- her heart is happiest when around other people (can we say extrovert yet???)
- She is totally into stuffed animals and NOT into baby dolls
- she empties the dishes, puts drinks away, and takes out the recycling for her chores
- she loves ballet class and wants to keep moving forward with dance
- she mainly drinks milk, but never turns down pink lemonade!
- she is much more comfortable in a spinny dress or skirt than pants or shorts
- she thinks strappy sandals are totally playground appropriate
- she says "totally" for emphasis (hmmm...wonder where she got that :) )
- her puppy is her new best friend
- she can memorize a memory verse in no time at all and enjoys it!
- she likes to ride her bike and drive her jeep
- when she gets TV time, she likes to watch Doc McStuffins
- her favorite books are Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy. She has recently gotten into Gigi too.
- She loves edamame and broccoli, no hot dogs. Go figure!
- she likes her window down when riding in the car and kids praise music turned up!
- she loves make believe and fairytales and is SO disappointed that I married Daddy so she can't!
- She is dramatic! She says phrases like "it is just SO beautiful!" or "I can't believe it!" My personal favorite though is "It's ALL my fault!"
- she naps about every other day and will probably drop them completely this summer :(
- her heart is truly full of joy! She loves to get excited about the little things and I LOVE that about her.
She is not perfect, but she is perfect for me!