"Sometimes, You Just Need to do the Laundry" - Fitting it all in!
- MEAL TIME When You Sit at Home: Focused discussion as a teacher to establish core values.
- DRIVE TIME When You Walk along the Road: Informal dialogue as a friend to help your child interpret life.
- BED TIME When You Lie Down: Intimate conversation as a counselor to listen to the heart of your child.
- MORNING TIME When You Get Up: Encouraging words as a coach who gives a sense of value and instills purpose."
- Pandora has a Praise Baby Station. Good praise music and not too juvenile. I can tolerate it and the kids love it. Definitely sets a great tone in our house!
- I try to play kids worship songs in the car on at least one leg of our trips each day. You know, the really silly kind with motions. The kids giggle and sing along. It really invites some good talks in too. Just yesterday, after singing: "This little light of Mine", I asked Mia who the "light" was, and she yelled Jesus. YAY!
- Scripture Memory- We are always working on a new scripture to memorize. It goes on the large chalk board by our kitchen table. It is a great reminder to discuss with the kids during meal time. This month is all about Love through 1 Cor 13.
|"Love is Kind" Making cards for her teachers.|
- Prayer Family - Based on our Christmas card collection, we draw a family to pray for each week. Mia really likes knowing who to pray for at bedtime and we love teaching them about praying for others.
- Bible Reading - Richard regularly reads stories from their kids bibles at bedtime.
- Lady in Waiting for Little Girls - This is a book that Mia and I are working through together (Thanks Jamie!) She loves the quiet alone time that we get and I love that the book sets up great dialogue and really speaks to Mia's desire to be a Princess (God's princess that is).