Craft Room Source List
This makeover was basically a no cost makeover. We sold our old office furniture for $700 and I took that straight to Ikea to get new furniture.
1. Built-ins. 3 billy bookcases. The 15" deep ones. 4 billy doors. We used this tutorial from Centsational Girl. BTW...she is by far my favorite blogger! We used painted veneer strips to hide the seems between the bookshelves because of the doors. CG used strips of wood, but that wouldn't work here.
2. Organization items for the bookshelves include tension rods to old wrapping paper and ribbon. Also, empty formula cans serve as dividers for fabric scraps and tissue paper.
3. Desk top - Ikea Vika Glass Dining Top
4. Filing Drawers - Ikea Micke. The glass top is just sitting on top of the castered filing cabinets. That way we can easily move the desk around or completely take it apart if we need to use the room for guests.
4. Cabinet and drawer Hardware - Hobby Lobby
5. Wall Paper - Graham and Brown Amy Butler - Lacework in Midnight. Splurge in the room at $85/roll. I only used one roll though and had enough left over to line the drawers.
6. Curtains - Ikea Matilda - I cut the tab tops and tied them to shorten the curtains some and add some whimsy.
7. Light - Potterbarn lamp shade with light kit to make it a drum shade. (Several years old)
8. Chairs - Ikea Snille.
9. Kids area - talked about it here.
10. Bulletin Board - old project that I did for the original office makeover. Foam Board + pottery barn fabric+ open frame from Hobby Lobby +green grosgrain ribbon = Bulletin Board! Easy!
11. Wall color - Sherwin Williams 6001 Cliveden. We painted that color back in 2009, so it may have changed by now. I have the formula if you need it.