The entry way is finished and I could not be more pleased with it! It totally changes the feel of our house in a good way and feels so fresh and new!
Here it is now:
A reminder of the before:
But let's now dwell on the past! That is all behind us now. Good buy yellowish beige and yucky carpet!
Back to the new and improved!
This was not a complete DIY project. We did hire out most of the carpentry work and painting. We both love to DIY, but we had to be able to get up and down the stairs on a reasonable timeline. Our kids camped out in our room for two weeks while we were under construction and that was long enough!
We did hang the wallpaper by ourselves and that was a snap! Seriously, anyone can do it!
Here is the source list for the items used in this makeover:
- Wall color - SW Collonade Gray
- Trim and wainscotting color - SW Shoji White (BTW - I had the existing plaster mouldings painted in a semi-gloss finish and I love it! It really makes them look fresh and new while preserving the character of the house.
- Stain Color - Dark Walnut custom mix gel stain.
- Wallpaper - Design Your Wall - Graham and Brown Tattoo
- Gallery Frames - Michaels
- Sconces - Lamps Plus
- Chandelier - Original to the house
- Mirror - Target Threshold
- Console Table - Pottery Barn. Update information here.
- Runner Rug - Tuesday Morning
- X Stool - Target - spray painted gold - Fabric from Fabric Factory, Dallas
- Lamp - Hobby Lobby
- Boxwood, Tray and Baskets - TJ Maxx
I hope you enjoyed peaking into our new entryway! Let me know if you have any other questions about sources or how it came together!