I am so sorry for my extended blog-vacation. I have no other excuse other than my life is not too exciting right now. I am going to list off the things we have been up to, and you will see what I mean!
1. Rang in the New Year playing rockband with Sherry and Trey. Aren't we crazy!
2. I turned 28. I feel more like 35, so I am okay with that number. My Mom, Aunt, Sisters and niece came to celebrate with me. Unfortunately, poor Baby Bennett got sick and ended up in the hospital. She is all better now, but it is a weekend we will never forget. Right girls?
3. We found out we are having a girl. (You guys already know that, but it is worth noting for January excitement.) No, we don't have any names yet. We seem to be stuck this time, we will come up with one eventually though.
4. My baby sister, Chelsi is living with us for a few months while she does her internship. We have really enjoyed having her around. She has so much energy and excitement for new life experiences. I find it really refreshing!
5. Richard and Chelsi are both accountants, so I don't see them very much. My evening hobby is dictated each night by Fly Lady. I find her to be inspirational and just a genious at managing a home. If you don't know her, you need to meet her!
6. I am getting really big! I am about six months pregnant and just today, I received the following quotes: "Are you sure there is just one in there?" (this is one of my favorites) and "Are you almost at the end?" I have no pictures to post to prove my point, but we are having photos taken in 3 weeks. I know that seems early for maternity photos, but trust me, any longer would have been alien belly shots! I have appointment on Thursday, so there will be more updates then.
7. I am continuing my organic quest. I really appreciate everyone's comments so far. I have been able to find some really cute things. I am also making my own cleaners and switching over detergents to natural products. Other healthy living changes we are working on include no shoes in the house, and opening door/windows more often. They are small changes, but I feel like they are helping.
8. I have really seen God working this month. He has brought a new couple in our lives. They recently lost their 4 month old baby girl. Our parents know each other from Amarillo and it turns out that they live really close to us. She is even the principal at the elementary school in our neighborhood! Please pray for the Martin's and for Richard and I to be able offer encouragement and wisdom as they go through this long journey. We also need continued prayer for peace as the delivery gets closer. We struggle daily with turning our fears over to God. We know he has a wonderful plan for our lives and he can see us through anything, but our hearts' desire is to have a healthy baby girl that will be with us on earth for a very long time.
9. Lastly, I am having to totally resist the urge to start tearing at some bad wall paper in my office. It has been several months since I have been able to engage my decorating bug and I have the itch! Richard, I apologize in advance if you come home to a mess one of these days. You really shouldn't leave me unattended!
Sorry for the long wordy update! I think that is all I have. I promise to post pictures going foward. I hope everyone is doing really well in 2009.